You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

-- Mohandas Gandhi

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Leaving Tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the big day!  I've got to get my packing done today--it's going to be strange packing for winter when it is a million degrees here.  I have a twelve hour layover in London, so if anyone has any opinions about something that is a "must see, " please let me know.  (I know there are tons of things to see - please help me narrow it down.)

I recieved my volunteer placement.  I am going to be working at Safeline Child Abuse Treatment and Prevention Centre.  Safeline is a non-profit organization that works in low income and under-resourced socio-economic areas. It delivers services to children between 2 and 18 years of age who have been sexually abused, raped or physically assaulted. Victims and their families are referred to Safeline from various government and local community organizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment